Twelve stellar educators from around the country share insights with company leadership, shaping the future of products, research and resources
DURHAM, N.C. – July 27, 2022 – Twelve K-12 educators from around the United States gathered at MetaMetrics’® office in Durham last week as the inaugural cohort of Lexile & Quantile Educator Ambassadors. Representing the K-12 spectrum, the nation’s largest school districts and some of its smallest, the Educator Ambassadors will provide the company’s leadership with insights to help shape the future of the tools and resources it provides to educators. These exemplary educators were selected from nearly 700 educators from all 50 states who responded to MetaMetrics’ call for participants earlier this year.
“It was amazing to spend time with this stellar group of educators from around the country. Each brings unique experiences as an Educator Ambassador, providing us with their perspectives on how MetaMetrics can best meet their needs as well as sharing the challenges they are facing in their schools, districts and communities,” said Malbert Smith, CEO and co-founder, MetaMetrics. “We look forward to collaborating with them throughout the upcoming school year and continuing this important dialogue.”
The 2022-2023 Lexile & Quantile Educator Ambassadors are:
- Melinda Abel, seventh/eighth grade reading interventionist, Cypress-Fairbanks School District, Texas
- Kelly Acevedo, K-6 assistant principal, Fleming School District, Kentucky
- Andrea Arnold, 12th grade English/language arts teacher, Caldwell School District, Idaho
- Maureen Barr, K-2 data and curriculum coordinator, Elmira City School District, New York
- Jennifer Caudle Williams, fourth grade teacher, Metro Nashville Public Schools, Tennessee
- Tiara Miles Clarke, first grade teacher, Broward County Schools, Florida
- Manfredo De la Cruz, second and third grade dual language teacher, Dare County Schools, North Carolina
- Margarita Moreno, EL specialist, Chicago Public Schools, Illinois
- Sandra Peterkin, K-5 math coach, Stamford Public Schools, Connecticut
- Kristen Reza, PreK-5 assistant school administrator, Montgomery County Schools, Maryland
- Erica Tokirio, 6-8 math teacher, Inner City Education Foundation, California
- Efrain Tovar, seventh/eighth grade newcomers teacher, Selma Unified School District, California
Each Educator Ambassador completed either the Lexile® Certification Course or Quantile® Certification Course online in advance of the Summit, where they had the opportunity to network with their colleagues from around the country and take a deep dive into who MetaMetrics is and learn more about the company’s plans for future products, research, tools and resources.
MetaMetrics is an award-winning education technology organization that offers the only scientifically valid, universal scales for measuring silent and oral reading and listening (Lexile) and math (Quantile) with plans to develop measures for writing. The Lexile and Quantile Frameworks measure student ability and the complexity of the content they encounter. Lexile and Quantile measures and related technologies link assessment to instruction and provide next steps for students of all ages and abilities. The measures also provide valuable insights about students’ potential for growth. MetaMetrics’ measures, products and services are licensed to dozens of education product companies to help achieve that growth. For 35 years, MetaMetrics’ work has been increasingly recognized for its research-based approach to improving learning. For more information, visit MetaMetricsInc.com.