Join the MetaMetrics Team
Qualified candidates can apply for open positions and find out why we're one of the best places to work in the Triangle. Please send cover letter, salary requirements and a current resume. No phone calls or recruiters please.
Attn: Human Resources
1000 Park Forty Plaza Drive, Suite 120
Durham, NC 27713
Fax: 919.547.3401 Email: Resumes@Lexile.com
Senior Business Development Associate
This position is a sales-focused role responsible for developing, negotiating and managing domestic partnerships that result in consulting and development, software license and royalty revenue, with a particular focus on expanding recurring revenue opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identifies and evaluates prospects for new, revenue-generating opportunities.
- Identifies and evaluates opportunities for producing expansion revenue from existing partners.
- Pursues all qualified prospects and opportunities using the most appropriate means (calls, visits, presentations, written communications, etc.).
- Attends key industry and tradeshow events.
- Conducts sales-related presentations (in-person or via WebEx).
- Builds and nurtures productive business relationships.
- Utilizes effective, well-paced communication strategies.
- Prepares proposals and works with contracts administration to prepare contracts
- Manages the day-to-day aspects of closing sales, including coordination with engineering, contracts administration, accounting, marketing and other areas as needed.
- Manages all aspects of maintaining a sales pipeline from prospect status to final contract.
- Utilizes a client management system to organize and track prospects and partners revenue-related activities.
- Promotes the value of company’s metrics, tools and services.
- Acquires and maintains knowledge of trends and developments across the education technology industry.
- Reports to SVP, Strategic Partnerships on a regular basis to share information pertaining to sales strategies, efforts and results.
- Works with Marketing Director on sales supporting promotional efforts, such as press releases, outreach campaigns, marketing collateral, etc..
- Provides excellent customer service for our partners to ensure the maintenance of strong relationships.
- Achieves sales goals and adheres to budget guidelines.
- Supports general business development activities as needed.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; preferably a degree in Business Administration, Sales or Marketing.
Experience: A minimum of 5 years of relevant professional sales experience in the educational services required, math educational product or technology sector preferred. A proven track of sales success and meeting annual sales goals. Strong sense of timeliness and deadlines; ability to work quickly, efficiently, and independently to meet deadlines. Prior experience building and executing new contracts from start to finish. Excellent negotiation, influencing and presentation skills. Excellent planning and organizational skills. Excellent communication skills.
Computer Skills: Proficient in internet navigation; Microsoft Windows operating system; and Microsoft Office Suite. Knowledge and experience utilizing Google products required. CRM experience preferred.
Location required: full-time in Durham, NC office
Travel required: up to 30%
Working at MetaMetrics
MetaMetrics is focused on improving education for learners of all ages. We develop scientific measures of academic achievement and complementary technologies that link assessment results with real-world instruction.
For more than twenty years, our work has been increasingly recognized worldwide for its distinct value in differentiating instruction and personalizing learning.
Our products and services for reading, mathematics and writing provide unique insights about academic ability and the potential for growth, enabling students to achieve their goals at every stage of development. Lexile measures have been adopted by nearly half the states and school districts in all 50 states. The use of our mathematics and writing measures continues to grow.
MetaMetrics is dedicated to conducting its business consistent with the highest standards of business ethics. We have an obligation to our employees, shareholders, customers, suppliers, community representatives and others with whom we interact to be honest, fair and forthright in all of our business activities.
Since 1984, MetaMetrics has benefited from the skill and dedication of extraordinary people. We seek the best talent to build upon our success. In return, our employees enjoy competitive employment opportunities, practices and benefits.
In 2007 and 2008, MetaMetrics was named "Best Places to Work" by the Triangle Business Journal. We are committed to providing a work environment that fosters creativity and provides our team with the resources and support they need to succeed. We encourage collaboration by maintaining a casual work environment. We believe that a comfortable setting helps facilitate enthusiastic, communicative and harmonious teamwork. We treat our employees with respect and honesty rather than as "numbers" or "pictures on a badge."