Lexile® Measures for Reading
The Lexile Framework® for Reading measures reading ability and text complexity on the same developmental scale. Today Lexile measures are recognized in the United States and around the world as the standard for matching readers with texts. Over 35 million U.S. students from all 50 states — more than half of the country’s K–12 students — receive Lexile measures every year.
Like its English-language counterpart, El Sistema Lexile® para Leer provides its own developmental scale and measures to connect Spanish-speaking readers with resources at the right level of difficulty and in their native language. Spanish Lexile measures help educators, librarians and parents select targeted materials and activities that can improve reading ability and monitor reading growth in school, the library and at home.
How do Lexile Measures Help State Departments of Education?
With Lexile measures, state departments of education can enhance the value of state assessments to stakeholders throughout their states.
- Provide an interpretive framework for looking at assessment data.
- Connect state assessments to classroom instruction.
- Help state departments of education meet their instructional improvement goals.
- Engage parents in their children’s education.
- Evaluate student assessment growth from a longitudinal perspective.
Learn more about the benefits Lexile measures can provide.
What We Offer
See all the ways Lexile measures can help better serve students, parents and educators in your state.