What We Offer
How Quantile® Measures Fit Into State Departments of Education Plans & Programs
When a state department of education is interested in incorporating the Quantile Framework for Mathematics into its statewide assessments and instructional programs, we offer many different ways to work together.
Linking Your State Assessment to Quantile Measures
You can link any state assessment with Quantile Framework. Assessments that report Quantile measures can be used by educators and parents to personalize learning for students. Because Quantile measures are on a single scale from primary through secondary mathematics, they can also be used to track student progress over time.
To link your state math assessment, our team of skilled psychometricians and researchers works with you and your testing contractor to recruit a sample of students to participate in the study. Once data is collected and the study is performed, our team delivers a technical report that provides the Quantile conversion table and summarizes the analysis.
When the report is approved and a signed licensing agreement is in place, you can begin reporting Quantile measurements from your state assessments. If your state is working with an assessment publisher whose test reports Quantile measures, you already have access to Quantile measures for your students.
As the leading education authority in your state, we can help you provide data and guidance on tasks such as setting proficiency standards.
MetaMetrics® also partners with state departments of education to provide ongoing support for implementing and using the metrics.
We personalize tools and materials such as:
- State-specific Quantile web content that explains Quantile measures and their use, both in and out of the classroom.
- Personalized state Quantile® Map.
- Parent Quantile brochures to post online, print and distribute.
- State Score Reports. We’ll work with you to provide descriptions of Quantile measures for state score reports, and can also add individualized, student instructional information on those reports.
- Quantile implementation guides to help various audiences talk about and use Quantile measures.
- A Quantile Growth Planner™ for your state website, allowing anyone to catalog student scores and predict future achievement levels.
We Are Here to Help
We partner with state departments of education for consulting and ongoing professional learning opportunities:
- Professional learning sessions and support for statewide implementation of Quantile measures.
- Assistance in state-level outreach to publishers and education companies requesting Quantile measures.
- Two annual information sessions for state-sponsored or co-sponsored events for stakeholders such as regional education centers, the business community, school administrators, school librarians, math teachers, school guidance counselors, and/or parents.
- Summer math initiatives: We will work with your state to launch or enhance your summer math learning initiative using a custom version of the Summer Math Challenge.
- MetaMetrics roundtable discussions and webinars. This series of discussions engages state education leaders to share tools and resources.
- MetaMetrics’ States Quantile Brief. State leaders, identified by you, will receive e-newsletters which promote your state’s use of Quantile measures.
Want to talk?
Complete our form to receive more information about using the Quantile Framework at the state department of education.