Link Your Test to the Lexile Reading Scale
Any education company can work with us to have their assessments’ reading results reported in Lexile® measures. We work with assessment publishers who develop:
- Norm-referenced assessments
- Interim/benchmark assessments
- International assessments
- Spanish assessments
- Assessments for homeschoolers
- Reading and writing programs
We’ll work closely with you to develop a custom solution. Generally, we work with customers in one of two ways:
- We perform a linking study to correlate your assessment’s scale score to the Lexile scale, allowing for Lexile measures to be reported on test results.
- Together, we’ll build an assessment. You can either have us develop a new, unique assessment with one-of-a-kind test items, or lease vetted test items from our test item bank. You can use either method to build an adaptive assessment solution that produces Lexile measures in real-time.
Other Services for Assessment Publishers
We can also help you analyze the readability of your assessments. Using our analytics tools, we can examine:
- Whether the reading level of an assessment changes over time.
- How the assessment compares to other reading assessments of a similar nature.
- The reading demand of a content area assessment with that of a reading assessment at the same level.
- How an assessment published in Spanish compares to the English version.
To learn more:
Want to talk?
Complete our form to receive more information about how Lexile measures can help make test results actionable.