Interested in Contributing to the Growing Corpus of Research on Lexile® and Quantile® measures?
Researchers from around the world have conducted studies using Lexile and Quantile measures. MetaMetrics supports researchers by providing them with free access to valuable resources through the Lexile® & Quantile® Hub.
- Find a Book. Find a book’s Lexile measure. Search for books by grade, interest and reading complexity. View a book’s most challenging words.
- Lexile & Quantile Grade Level Charts. View selected student percentiles by grade and time of year.
- Text Analyzer. Paste or type in text to receive a Lexile range. View text characteristics along with challenging words and their definitions.
- Lexile & Quantile Growth Planner. Use Lexile or Quantile measures to determine if a student is on track for college and career readiness.
- Lexile & Quantile Career Database. Identify the reading demands of texts or mathematical demands of materials needed for a desired career.
- WordLists. Access lists of words by grade level and academic domain (i.e. math, science, and social studies) compiled from U.S. grade-level texts.
- Math Skills Database. Find the mathematical demands of Quantile Skills and Concepts aligned to state curriculum standards. Access free resources that support instruction in each skill and concept and get a detailed view of the interconnections between the skills and concepts.
Identify the level of access you need through membership options and select “Researcher” as your role when registering. If you need more access than provided by premium membership, contact us through our support center.
If you’d like to learn more about the research, visit our research and publications database.Take Me There
Our Research Continues
From when we were founded 30 years ago to today, research — both internal and external — is in our DNA at MetaMetrics®. Our initial research studies, which resulted in the created of our flagship product, The Lexile® Framework for Reading, were funded by The National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD) with a series of grants over the course of a decade.
Today our work remains research based and our bench is deep. More than half of our team is comprised of psychometricians, data scientists and researchers who offer more than 600 years of combined experience. Our team holds more than 40 doctorate and graduate degrees from some of the most prestigious universities in the world, including Duke University, Princeton University, Stanford University and The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
While we continue to work with education companies, publishers and state departments of education to incorporate Lexile and Quantile measures into their products and assessments, we have a dynamic research pipeline. On both the math and reading side, we are working on building personalized learning platforms based upon the principles of deliberate practice and sound psychometric theory. In the math domain, we are examining the postsecondary mathematical demands of college and careers. This information will be used to help students and educators monitor if they are “on track” for success in college and careers.