The Quantile Framework for Mathematics
The creation of the Quantile Framework for Mathematics was born out of the realization that there is the same wide range of student abilities in most math classes as there is in reading classes. Recognizing that one size does not fit all, our researchers built the Quantile Framework. Like Lexile® measures, Quantile® measures allow students and tasks, skills and concepts to be placed on the same scale. Having a common scale to measure students’ math skills, as well as math content, provides a critical link for supporting personalized learning in math.
How do Quantile measures help state departments of education?
With Quantile measures, state departments of education can enhance the value of state assessments to stakeholders throughout their states.
- Quantile measures provide state departments of education with an interpretive framework for looking at assessment data.
- Quantile measures allow state departments of education to connect state assessment results to classroom instruction.
- State departments of education use Quantile measures to engage parents in their children’s education.
- State departments of education can use Quantile measures to evaluate student assessment growth from a longitudinal perspective.
- Quantile measures can help state departments of education monitor progress towards their instructional improvement goals.
What We Offer
See all the ways Quantile measures can help better serve students, parents and educators in your state.